Saturday, August 23, 2008

Camping with a twist


Living out in a small little town has a few challenges of it's own. We or rather I had thought that we had at least one full gas bottle when I went off to Bible school week 11-15th Aug. Well I was greeted with a sort of I-Told-You-So glare. Dawn & Toni ran out of gas for cooking and for shower the day I left. Needless to say I wasn't winning any popularity contest. After searching around I found a small camp gas bottle "very very" empty, but it had a little.
Every so often Mozambique throws a curved ball. Monday 18th Aug we went on our merry little way 5 1/2 hours to Chimoio for monthly shopping & to redeem myself from the gas situation. There was no gas in town not from any of the suppliers. Oops! Then on the grocery shopping list, no milk, no margarine, no fruit or very yucky. But the shops a full of non essential items. Eeek!

No comments: