Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pull your hair out!


Every so often one gets a re-occurring problem that just won't get fixed. This picture is of the back axle of our car and the wet oily mark is just that. The factory weld is leaking oil. Now I've welded it once before about a month ago. As no doubt you have heard us whine that we don't have electricity. That's not 100% true, we do get electricity but between 10pm and 5am. Right at the time when we need it most. Our neighbours must have thought that I had lost a screw when a month ago at midnight I started grinding & welding. But I could not have done a good job as I have had to do it again. Pray it holds this time.
While working on the re welding I took a look at the "new shock absorbers" we had put in which the outreach team brought in July. And one had pulled it's self through the mounting bracket and gouged a big hole. So welding was the in thing. Let's hope that holds as well this time.
The roads have just got so bad and very rocky, everyone's cars are taking a hammering.

No comments: