Monday, April 29, 2013

Dawn & Jinx with a close OOPS!

While we were in Chimoio getting all the paper work and work permits in place for Michael this past Tuesday. At the bank I was writing a cheque and put in the date, also the date of expiry of my work permit. A little later as I was walking into a shop I stood and went cold. "DUNCE" the date on the cheque and the expiry date on the work permit were the same. Which meant that Dawn and my permits were expiring that same day. PANIC, DREAD, EISH! (without the brandy).

Praise the Lord Walter had his computer there with official letters of renewal. Just had to change names and print. Then had to find the provincial pastor to stamp and sign. Get photos done. Then try to organise a huge some of money to pay for the renewals.

I just knew I was not going to get things done in 3 hours. So went to the immigration office right away and explained that I had misjudged things and thought that the permits still had a month to run. They who over the years have come to know Dawn and I said it would not be a problem. But I had to get it done by the next day. Which we did. We are LEGAL again. Talk about a close call.

I'm sure that there where a whole heap of you folks praying for us. THANKS AGAIN!

No comments: